The experience of Canio Di Nardo at webatelier.net as visiting Master student from the University of Bologna, Rimini Campus (Italy).
Thank you for joining us: it was a great pleasure collaborating with you! All the best.
“I am Canio Di Nardo, Master student in Tourism Economics and Management (TEaM) at the University of Bologna, Rimini Campus (Italy). I joined the webatelier.net lab from September to December 2014. As a visiting student, I did a period of research for my final dissertation in collaboration with the UNESCO chair to promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites.
My research interests lie in the field of web marketing, tourism management, online reputation, and co- creation of the image of tourism destinations. In particular, my Master thesis investigates the online presence of all the Italian WHSs and how the different online stakeholders are co-creating their online image, taking as a case study the cultural heritage of the “Sassi of Matera”.
During my period at the Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI) I followed several projects and activities, including:
– UNESCO Summer School IDEAL-Tourism dedicated to ICTs for the promotion and development of sustainable tourism around cultural and natural destinations
– The courses ‘New media for tourism communication’ and ‘Pianificazione e analisi del web’, held by Prof. Cantoni
– Seminars on eye tracking
– Meetings with staff and experts of the university ELabs.
– Attendance of the conference ‘Web Star Day’ in Lugano
– Didactic trips to Monte San Giorgio and Bellinzona Castles, two WHSs in Ticino.
I would like to thank Prof. Lorenzo Cantoni and Dr. Elena Marchiori and all the research group for their willingness to host and collaborate with me. For me it felt like being part of a big family, where the motivation and the professional competences are constantly merged with kindness and humanity. Thank you USI, thank you Lugano and thank you Switzerland for this wonderful life experience!”